So, Pumpkins!! I see them around all the time, by all the time I mean all the time around Autumn. However, I have never ever ever made anything with one other than a scary face. I set about to change this little known fact and this is how I did it.
Now how to do it!! I hopped off the to BBC Good Food website...one of my go to websites when I am lacking in dinner inspiration and quickly found a curry that looked lovely.
Find the original recipe here
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil,
- 3 tbsp Thai yellow curry paste
- 2 onions , finely chopped
- 3 large stalks lemongrass , bashed with the back of a knife
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 1 piece pumpkin or a small squash (about 1kg)
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 400g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 2 limes
- large handful mint leaves
So the verdict, it was lovely. I found the pumpkin was much nicer than I had expected. Although, If I were to make this again I would more than likely use a butternut squash.
Now I think I should have a go at a sweet pumpkin recipe.....any good ones??