While I was up in London visiting my sister and seeing the totally out of this world Muse, we also managed to get a visit to Brick Lane on Sunday. Brick Lane has a Market every Sunday....it's massive and amazing. There are hundreds of stall holders selling a mix of vintage and handcrafted items. There are so many hugely talented folks out there! We also managed to get in lunch, there is such a wide choice of stalls all vying for your custom. A complete assault on your senses and all the food looked so good you could spend hours just trying to chose what to have. My sister and I opted for Moroccan whilst my mum had her lunch from Singapore. All very delicious!
We ended this little adventure searching out the famous Hummingbird Bakery so that we could sample their cakes. Of course I HAD to have a red velvet cupcake. I can tell you it was delicious and worth all the walking around trying to find it.
|Did someone call security??|
Here are some points on visiting London
1. Wear your most comfortable shoes
2. It's virtually impossible to come away from Brick Lane empty handed......although I managed it......however if I had had wads of cash I would have spent a fortune!
3. Everyone should try a Hummingbird cake at least once in their life.
4. London is huge
5. Even though I grew up very close to London, now I live in rural Dorset, I have turned into a right country bumpkin.
6. When crossing the roads make sure you look out for bikes even when the traffic has stopped. Those cyclists can be sneaky. By making sure you look both ways you will avoid the embarrassment of being knocked over or nearly knocked over by a bike...in front of loads of people.......as there are people everywhere in London.
7. Don't fall asleep on the tube, when you get to the end of the line you might not have my lovely sister there to wake you up!
Have fun exporing London!